Christmas Pudding Recipes
Christmas is Not Complete without a Christmas pudding. Despite reports that the Christmas pudding Recipe has fallen out of favor for lighter desserts. It is as Famous as ever. Christmas pudding is best made well in advance to allow it to mature which Classic is made of Stir it up Sunday. Don’t be put off by the number of ingredients in this recipe, Therefore it may seem daunting, just assemble all your ingredients in advance, and the rest is easy. All that is left then is to make a wish.
The Christmas pudding Recipe we recognize today is a Victorian dish made from suet, dried fruit, candied peel, breadcrumbs, Spices, egg and grated carrots and apples. Finish off your festive feast with this Classical favorite. a moist steamed Christmas pudding filled with sweet fruit flavors. The Victorians shaped their puddings into a spherical shape and boiled them in a muslin cloth. Stir up Sunday has become Related to the start of the pudding making process, in order to allow at least a month to mature before being consume on Christmas Day 2017.
INGREDIENTS For Christmas Pudding Recipe:-
- Melted butter, to grease
- 375g dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- self-raising flour 1 Cup
- One teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ground cinnamon one Tsp
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- one teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 75g glace cherries, quartered
- dried figs, chopped 75g
- 75g dried pears, chopped
- dried cranberries 75g
- 75g pitted dried dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup (250ml) orange juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) brandy
- 250g Western Star Chef’s Choice Unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- Custard, ice-cream, or brandy butter, to serve
Method for Christmas Pudding Recipe:-
1. At First, Grease a 1.5-liter pudding bowl.
2. Destone and chop the dates, and roughly chop the ginger, then place in a large bowl.
3. Finely grate in the orange zest, then mix all the remaining ingredients together, except for the golden syrup.
4. Transfer the mixture to the greased bowl and cover with a double layer of tin foil. Tie a piece of string around the side of the bowl.
Also Read:- How To Make Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani
5. Place the bowl in a large saucepan, and pour in enough water to come halfway up the sides of the bowl.
6. Bring to the boil, place a tight-fitting lid on the pan, and simmer for 3 hours don’t forget to check the water regularly, making sure that it never boils dry, because if it does, it will burn and the bowl will crack.
7. When the time’s up, remove the foil, turn out on to a plate, drizzle with golden syrup and decorate it as you like. You can also light it with brandy if you want to be really fancy.