Wanna Date? Let’s Get Going!
Dates are also known as Khajoor in Hindi, it is a species of the palm family. It is usually cultivated for its sweet fruit. It is primarily grown in the dry region such as the Middle East (mainly in Iraq). The date fruit offers several nutritional benefits when eaten fresh. The oil of the date palm fruit is used in cosmetics and soaps. While fresh dates are available from August to December, one can purchase dried dates any time of the year.
Health Benefits of Dates
- Relief from constipation
Dates are called as laxative food. This sweet fruit is frequently eaten by people suffering from constipation. To gain the optimal result, soak the fruit into water overnight. Consume it in the morning when it becomes like a syrup. It is rich in soluble fiber, which is essential for healthy bowel system.
- Boost Energy
Date contains many natural sugars like glucose, fructose, and sucrose. So it becomes a perfect instant power booster of energy. While doing gym when you feel exhausted, you can chew few dates to regain your energy immediately.
- Intestinal disorders
The nicotine present in Dates is beneficial for curing many kinds of intestinal disorders. The combination of fibers with amino acids present in dates help the foods and nutrients better digested and absorbed.
Dates contain nicotine that can relieve intestinal disorders. Consuming dates regularly can improve the friendly bacteria growth in the intestines while inhibiting the pathological organisms. Moreover, the fiber content combined with amino acids can help the foods and nutrients better digested and absorbed.
Generally, People suffering from Anemia has a deficiency of Iron. The mineral such as Iron present in Dates make your meal perfect and increase your energy.
- Strengthen Bones
Dates are rich in calcium which is the reason for your healthy and strong bones. Vitamin K which is a blood coagulant and helps metabolize your bones also present in Dates.
- Sexual dysfunctions
Studies have shown that dates are even beneficial for increasing sexual stamina. Soak a handful of dates in fresh goat’s milk overnight, then grind them in the same milk with a mixture of cardamom powder and honey. This mixture becomes a very useful tonic for increasing sexual endurance and reducing sterility caused by various sexual disorders.
Being high in potassium, Dates are effective in controlling diarrhea. Get some ripe dates and you can treat your diarrhea. This fruit is digestible and its soluble fiber can help the excretory system function better.
Some More Benefits of the Date Palm Fruit/ Date Fruit:
- Improves skin
Vitamin C and Vitamin D present in Date which plays a major role in the elasticity of skin and helps skin aging and appearance. For a long run, including the date palm in your diet cures many skin problems.
- Abdominal cancer
Dates being a legitimate way to reduce the risk and impact of abdominal cancer. Eating dates can prevent abdominal cancer because this fruit is easy to digest and it provides the tonic for the body. They can be quickly and easily digested for a quick boost of energy.
- Helpful in Night Blindness
Dates are more than just good for your brain, digestive system, and health, but they are also good for your eyes. The primary cause of night blindness is a deficiency in vitamin A. Dates are rich in this vitamin as well and help combat this condition. Rub leaves on the eyes to improve eyesight. So like this, Khajoor is beneficial not only for eating but with its leaves.
- Support Healthy Pregnancy
During pregnancy, women should face challenging days with a bloated stomach, intestinal problems or even bowel problems. Dates are also known to strengthen the muscles of the uterus in the last months of pregnancy. Mother’s milk can be improved as well. Consuming dates in the last four weeks before labor can produce more favorable outcomes. Dates nutrition can increase the intelligence and memory of the unborn child, so the mother should eat dates for providing the required nutrients.
Organic sulfur present in Date makes it interesting foods. It is not a very common element found in foods. It helps reducing allergy including seasonal allergy.
- Good for gaining weight
Consumption of dates helps to gain weight. When consumed with cucumber paste, you can keep your weight at a normal balanced level. One kilogram of dates contains almost 3,000 calories, which is enough to fulfill your daily requirements.
Nutritional Count for Dates
Dates are a good source of vitamins and minerals. Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc can be found in Dates (Khajoor). It is a good source of energy, fiber, and sugar. Dates are especially rich in vitamins B6, A, and K. These help in the bone development and improve eye health.
Wow That’s a lot of information about benefits of date palm. But do you know there is a variety of date palm fruit available in the market? Do not mistake by just picking up on one date palm fruit.
The various types of date fruit/ date palm fruit, followed by their size, taste, shape and color.
- Iteema: The shape and the color of this kind of the date palm fruit are oblong, amber. It’s immensely sweet in taste. They are brought from Algeria.
- Hayani: The color of this kind of date fruit palm is red to almost black natively grown in Egypt.
- Saidy: These type does not need much water and can b grown in dry regions. These are premiere grown in Libya and are immensely sweet as Iteema date fruit.
- Migraf: As dates are grown in the dry regions, therefore they are popularly grown near the equator. This date fruit is grown in Southern Yemen. There shape and color are again large and amber.
- Deglet Noor: Another type of date fruit available in Algeria and Tunisia. This date palm fruit is not at all sweet and is primarily used as cooking essential.
- Halawy: The Halawy sounds sweet and is small in shape and size. This type of date fruit is found in Iraq.
- Barhi: Again this type is found in Iraq. They have an amazing taste and the date palm fruit’s shape and color is round and Mild To dark amber.
- Dayri: The shape and color of this date fruit are long, slim and black in color. This Type of date palm fruit is commonly named as Monastery date.
- Maktoom: The dates are generally sweet, there are only few which are moderately sweet like Maktoom or doesn’t have any flavor. This type is huge in shape and color is reddish brown.
- Medjool: The famously originated from Morocco, Medjool is large in shape and color is amber. It is sweet as a toffee.