Swollen or puffy eyes have varied reasons to occur. You might wake up in the morning and have swollen eyes.
But, in case of puffy eyes, it does not happen all of a sudden. Swollen eyes can occur due to an allergic reaction, insect bite. But puffy eyes happen in the lower part if the eyes due to the fluid accumulation.
The common reasons for puffy eyes:
- Fatigue and lack of sleep.
- Sinus problems.
- Inherited facial features
When Ageing occurs the fat is pushed forward through the thin membrane, septum, which forms a bab and bulges out forming the puffy eyes.
Here are some of the old remedies when your eyes get swollen
Cold Spoon for swollen eyes
By keeping cold spoons on the affected area acts like a miracle in swelling of the eyes. You will need to prepare a little for this method.
- Before keeping on the eyes refrigerate them for 5-10 minutes
- Follow this recipe immediately after getting up with swollen eyes.
The white part of the egg
The white part of the egg has some vitamins and proteins that prove to be very effective in bringing skin tightness. Therefore, natural home remedies are the most effective way to get rid of the lower swelling of the eyes.
- Just separate the white part of the egg
- apply it in the affected area
- after 5 minutes wash it with lukewarm water.
Apply cucumber when eyes get swollen
When there is a need to remove swelling from the bottom of the eyes, a lot of things that are present in your home prove to be effective like cucumbers. Antioxidants present in cucumbers work to reduce irritation and give freshness to the skin under the eyes.
- Put two pieces of cucumber on the eyes
- give it for about 15 minutes
- then clean with a soft cloth soaked in warm water.
Use of Tea Bags
Tea bags are rich in natural tannin which is very helpful for swelling of eyes. It does not only reduce swelling but is also useful in lightening the lower dark circles.
- Put 2 bags of tea in the affected area near the eyes
- give it 5 to 10 minutes
- then carefully wash the skin around the eyes with lukewarm water.
Avocado is the factor in providing comfort to the eyes and reducing inflammation around the eyes. The antioxidant present in this fruit is very effective in reducing inflammation of the eyes.
- Cut avocado into small pieces and then mash them thoroughly
- Apply this avocado paste to the affected areas
- wash it with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
If you have a shortage of time and you want to get rid of eye inflammation immediately, then try to flush your eyes with ice cold water. Cold water reduces the swelling of eyes and also reduces eye irritation. It enhances the blood circulation in that area and is largely effective in reducing inflammation.
Massage to reduce eyes swelling
Doing massage is another way to reduce the swelling under the eyes. Massage your eyes with fingers lightly to the affected area. This will increase the blood circulation in the affected area and you will get relief immediately from swelling.
A piece of potato
Like cucumbers, potatoes are also a cooling treatment that works well with this beauty problem.
- wash the affected area with warm-hot water
- Use this treatment to get relief immediately from swelling
- Get fresh skin near the eyes.
To avoid puffy eyes from occurring repeatedly try to:-
- Sleep adequately (8-9 hrs),
- Splash cold water on tired eyes,
- Stay Hydrated,
- Lessen the intake of salt,
- Consume diet Potassium-rich.