As we have said earlier that we get some interesting recipes from South India. So, here is a latest medu vada recipe in South Indian Style. Read the complete article to know the different cooking style of medu vada.
Medu Vada recipe in Hindi by Nisha Madhulika, sambar vada recipe in Marathi, South Indian Recipes in Tamil, easy cooking recipes, medhu vadai recipe, urad dal vada recipe in English, uddina vada recipe
Crispy Medu Vada Recipe in Marathi
“Medu” means Hennram and it should be soft in nature. Medu Vada is one of the favorite food of South India, which not only shows the habit of eating food, but it is also a special dish that is served in festivals and on a special occasion.
You can have more healthy lunch and dinner ideas with us. Get the latest Indian food recipe of medhu vada. So start with healthy medu vada recipe in Hindi which is an Indian Snacks recipe, Medu Vada is really good in taste as well as a healthy snack that we have in Indian Food Recipe menu.
You can prepare this easy medu vada recipe at home using sambar recipe and chutney recipe with it. Don’t make a very thin solution for preparing a soft medu vada. Because the softness of medu vada depends on the quantity of water. And also don’t keep the solution for a long time. The most important thing to be noticed is to take care of holes in vada. This is a traditional sign of medu vada recipe. While you change the recipe of medu vada as per your like opting out for the use of onion in an Indian recipe. You can also serve tomato chutney recipe or garlic onion tomato chutney recipe with medu vada.
Medu Vada Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup urad dal
- 3 green chilies (chopped)
- 3 to 4 black pepper
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- salt as per taste
- Coconut oil / other cooking oil for frying
- Coconut chutney to serve
- Sambhar for serving
Step by Step Medu Vada Recipe cooking method
- Add salt, green chili, black pepper, curry leaf and ginger
- Grind it into a mixer and make a soft slurry, add some water if needed.
- Clean and wash the urad dal.
- Soak urad dal in water for at least 2 hours.
- Add salt and mix well and divide this mixture into 8 equal parts.
- Keep aside the mixture bowl.
- Wet your hands, using a thumb with a part of the mixture, make a hole in the middle.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Put the prepared batter in oil.
- Stir it continuously, till it turns golden from both sides.
- Use the remaining solution to make 7 more Medu Vada.
- Take out at the oil-absorbing paper.
- Serve hot with frozen coconut chutney and hot sambhar.
Tamil Style Medu Vada Video in English