How To Make South Indian Delicious Idli Sambar
Idli sambar is not only popular in India but throughout the world. This Awesome recipe is native to South India and is loved by all over the World. The recipe is served in entire India as a street food as well as in high-end Restaurants. Idli is steamed and is high in protein and so is sambar, the concoction of lentils and veggies. The recipe is loaded with nutritious ingredients and is loved by people for their health benefits.
There is lot’s of food in the world but Idli Sambar is My Favorite. It is also easy to make and the taste is Awesome. Sambar is a mix of assorted veggies and tur dal which is made as a stew in the pressure cooker. A tangy and spicy peanut chutney is accompanied with sambar and idli meal which is served as a side dish. Now we will Guide you to make Idli Sambar by Following This Method.
Ingredients For Idli & Sambar:-
- Idli rice – 2 cups
- Urd dal – 1/2 cup
- Poha – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 10-12
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 cup (chopped)
- Sambhar masala – 2 tbsp
- Brinjal – 1 (chopped)
- Tamarind pulp – 2 tbsp
- Arhar ki dal – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 Tsp
Methods for Idli and Sambar
Recipe for Idli:-
1. First of All, Wash and soak urad dal and rice poha separately for 4-5 hours.
2. Then Drain and blend in a blender together with salt and poha until smooth.
3. Transfer the batter to a big vessel and cover and keep to ferment for 6-8 hours.
4. Grease the idli molds and pour the batter into each mold.
5. At Last, Steam the idlis for 15-20 minutes, till done.
Recipe For Sambhar:-
1. First of All, Wash the dal.
2. Add it in a pressure cooker with salt and turmeric powder, Cook until done.
3. Then Add oil in a pan.
4. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
5. Add onion and fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes, brinjal, and sambhar masala.
7. Add half a cup of water and cook until brinjal is soft.
8. Add the cooked dal and tamarind pulp.
9. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
10. Finally, Serve hot with idlis.
Get Health Tips, Best Health Recipes, good health Tips @ FitLifePedia.com
Most Popular Search: idli sambhar recipe, idli sambhar, how to make idli sambhar, method of preparation of idli sambhar, ingredients for idli sambhar recipe, Idli Sambar, Indian, Vegetarian, Breakfast, Hotel, idli sambar banana, idli sambar recipe, idli sambar kaise banaye, idli sambar ki vidhi, idli sambar dish, idli sambar and chutney, idli sambar benefits, idli sambar cooking, idli sambar dosa, is idli sambar good for weight loss.