Onions are the vegetables which are found in everybody’s kitchen.We have a special red onion caramelized chutney/jam recipe for you to make onion eat in a whole new way. Whether to be eaten as a vegetable wholly or mixed with some other vegetables. Onion can be eaten in all forms. Be it Chutney or for tadka reasons.
Our elders, in India, has been advising since early days to have onions on hot summer days. as it prevents us from getting ill(loo). by maintaining water retention in the body.
Here are some nutritional components of Onions( when eaten raw):
- 0 grams of cholesterol
- 3 grams of fiber
- 15 grams of carbohydrate
- 64 calories
- 2 grams of protein
- 7 grams of sugar
- 10% or more of vitamin C, vitamin B-6 and manganese(if consumed daily)
- Contains small amounts of iron, calcium, folate, and potassium, phosphorus, antioxidants, magnesium, and sulfur.
- Raw onions improve oral health by chewing them eliminate gum issues and tooth decay.
- Chromium present in raw onion helps regulate blood sugar level.
Now, that you know the amazing health benefits of the onion, your mindset to eat onions might have changed. People who do not eat onion might have to find a substitute for so many health benefits found in onion. But if you find all in one why look for a substitute.
Since We have known some quick healthy facts about onion let get moving. Summers are monotonous and long. We also lack the enjoyment of eating too many vegetables as compared to winters. But we have one vegetable, Onion, that can be used in various forms.
let’s get started with a new recipe, red onion caramelized chutney/jam. It’s rich and can be eaten with different loaves of bread you like. You can also preserve it for a couple of months and use as jam.
So ladies lets not waste time and get cooking this amazing red onion caramelized chutney/jam recipe that can be transformed into jam.
Ingredients required to make red onion caramelized chutney/jam recipe are:
- 200g brown sugar
- 150ml balsamic vinegar
- 25ml olive oil
- 150ml red wine vinegar
- 1 red chili
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 red onions
Now, that we have the ingredients lets know the procedure for cooking the red onion caramelized chutney/jam recipe.
The method is:
- Starting with cutting onions in long shape.
- Heat the oil in the pan. once the oil is warm put basil leaves in it.
- Once the leaves splatter, add onions. Stir-fry.
- Leave on for 20 minutes on a low flame.
- Once the onions are golden brown add sugar in it.
- Let the sugar carmelize then add vinegar to the onions.
- Let it cook for a couple of minutes till the onions become hot sticky.
- Remember to cook the entire process on a low flame.
- Once the color of the chutney is changed into a dark maroon or dark brownish shade turn the nob off.
- If you wish you can have it ready to serve with parathas.
- And to preserve as jam place in a sterilized jar for at least a month to convert into a thick jam consistency.
- After a month the taste will get matured and will become a Caramelized thick jam.