Watermelon jelly recipe for summer heat! A fruit, highly hydrating and refreshing in the scorching heat. watermelon jelly recipes, watermelon ice cream and many more can be made out of watermelon. Watermelon is eaten raw as well as in the form of juice. The nutritional facts and health benefits of watermelon are upcoming.
The watermelon jelly recipe is easy and quick to make but let’s know the nutritional facts first:
Serving size: 2 cups diced (10 oz / 280 g)
Calories: 80 (Calories from Fat 0)
Amount per serving (and %DV*)
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Total Fat: 0g (0%)
Total Carbohydrate: 21g (7%)
Dietary Fiber: 1g (4%)
Cholesterol: 0mg (0%)
Sodium: 0mg (0%)
Potassium: 270mg (8%)
Vitamin A: (30%)
Vitamin C: (25%)
The quick Health benefits of watermelon are:
The watermelon holds the solution to any problem. Be it obese or an athlete, be it heart problems or inflammatory problems. Due to its various healing and hydrating properties, it is best-eaten fruit in summers.Let’s revise some quick and effective benefits of watermelon.
Heart health: Effective at protecting cells from damage and may help lower the risk of heart disease.Watermelon extracts helped reduce hypertension and lower blood pressure in obese adults.
Anti-inflammatory properties: The watermelon contains choline, which helps keep chronic inflammation down.The lycopene in watermelon makes it an anti-inflammatory fruit.watermelon also works as an antioxidant to neutralize free radicals.
Hydration: 20-30 percent of our fluid needs through our diet alone, and foods like these certainly help in hydration. watermelon is full of good electrolytes which help prevent heat stroke.
Digestion: Watermelon contains fiber which is helpful in digestion.
Skin and hair benefits: Also, watermelon contains nearly one-quarter of vitamin-A which keeps your hair and skin moisturized.It also promotes healthy and new elastin and collagen cells.
Muscle soreness: Drinking watermelon juice helps improve the muscles soreness occurring next day.Also, watermelon’s citrulline help in athletes performance.
Cancer prevention: Watermelon like other vegetables and fruits is rich in anti-oxidants that helps prevent cancer. Lycopene particularly has properties to reduce prostate cancer cell.
Simple and sweet fruity jelly perfect for kids at home also for children’s party. Also is a good sweetener for those craving for the sweet tooth but also a fitness freak.
Let’s know the perfect fruity watermelon jelly recipe for the party!
Ingredients for the watermelon jelly recipe :
- 100g white caster sugar
- chopped fresh mint (for serving)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 watermelon (half chopped, half cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 3 gelatin leaves
The method is Simple and easy to go with:
- First of all, in a mixer jar add all the lime juice, watermelon, and caster sugar. Grind them all well into a juice.
- Sieve the entire juice in a measuring jar.
- Measuring the juice add gelatin as per 1 gelatin for 200 ml juice.
- Soak the gelatin in water so it gets dissolved completely.
- A little warm water is to be mixed in addition to watermelon juice taken out in a jar.
- Finally, pour the entire liquid into small molds and leave it to ser overnight.
- Since the jellies have been set in the mold unmold the jellies.
- For serving, add jellies along with the small chunks of watermelon and mint leaves.
- Consequently, drizzle them with honey and serve!